Process automation is one instrument that can be used to reduce manual efforts in processes. Robotic process automation (RPA) refers to the use of software that imitates manual activities in dealing with IT systems which are repetitive and rule-based using structured data.
RPA is a fast and inexpensive automation option which can be deployed as a practical interim solution or even permanently.
The three-tiered process for the introduction of robotics, as tried and tested by the zeb.group, is as follows:
1. Analysis of potential
- Analysis of possible pilot processes
- Prioritization & selection of pilot processes
2. Conceptual design & implementation of pilot
- Creation of a technical concept for pilot processes
- Installation of RPA software
- Implementation of pilot processes
3. Full implementation & further integration
- Automation of additional core processes
- Identification of additional RPA process candidates